Prom Checklist for Guys
Prom night is almost here and you need to know what to do and when to do it. Well, we at MyProm2011.com have created this checklist to help you have the perfect prom night.
As Soon As Possible
- Get a date! Or,make plans with a group of friends to go out and celebrate this memorable night together.
- Reserve a limo, if that’s your style.To cut costs, consider sharing with a group of friends.
- Get your prom tickets.Its sort of obvious but sometimes people forget!
- Plan your prom budget and start saving now. Include tickets,your tuxedo,flowers for your date,your share of the limo,dinner, prom photographs and tips.
6 Weeks in Advance
- Reserve your tuxedo from Henri’s Tuxedos. Earlier is better. The longer you wait, the smaller the selection. Coordinate your accessories such as vest,tie and pocket square with your date’s dress. If going alone,pick your favorite color to show your personality!
- Order your date’s flowers once you know what color her dress is. Don’t wait till the last minute, give the florist time to prepare your order! Find out what style her dress is so you know whether to buy a standard corsage or wrist corsage.
- Make dinner reservations for your after-prom dining.
1 week in Advance
- Call to confirm all reservations.That way if is a problem with the limo or restaurant you have time to make other plans.
- Coordinate schedules with your date and/or friends to ensure everyone has a ride and is there on time.
Week of The Prom
- Make sure you look good. Now is the time to get a hair cut,try a manicure for an extra elegant look.
- If you aren’t taking a limo, have your car washed and detailed.
1 Day in Advance
- Pick up your tuxedo from Henri’s. Try it on to make sure it looks just like you want and for any last minute adjustments that may be needed.
- Finalize times with your date nd/or friends so everyone is at the right place at the right time.
- Make sure your digital camera is charged or has fresh batteries and has adequate storage for photos of the big night.
- Pick up your date’s flowers, store them in the fridge to keep them fresh.
- Make sure you have enough cash. Good manners means tipping the limo driver and restaurant staff properly.